Grand Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Best...Vacation...Ever

Sail Date: March 17, 2007

My first impression of the ship was that it was very, very large and might be too confusing to navigate easily right away. Fortunately, that feeling went away rather quickly as we walked the length and depth of the ship right away. It was a very nice ship that never felt too crowded (busy, but not crowded) and always had a place we could "get away".

Pros: Food, excursion choices, helpfulness of staff, cleanliness of ship

Cons: Bad smelling public restrooms and lack of quality entertainment some nights

Recommends Grand Princess? Yes!

Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
We really liked doing the zip line thing here. It took a long time to get started because it was really crowded, but it was a lot of fun going down. We also did the park tour of Gumbalimba park, and it was very informative, but again a little slow. The monkeys were a lot of fun. Keep everything locked up! They almost got my hat.
Don't Miss: Zip-line, jungle visits
We really liked this port because it had an amazing amount of shopping, but mostly because of the snorkeling we did. It was probably the most fun of the whole cruise. Nothing like seeing sea turtles and jelly fish way out in the middle of the ocean. The boat ride out to the site was a blast as well.
Don't Miss: Scuba diving, snorkeling
Belize City, Belize
We went on a tour of the Altun Ha ruins here. It was VERY informative. I think I know more about Belize than most people that live there after that tour. Kind of a long day riding in the bus so much. If you are going to go on a tour here, be aware that it will take a while to get anywhere. I heard a lot of good things about snorkeling here, so you might give that a try.
Don't Miss: Snorkeling!
Majahual, Mexico
The shoping was pretty good for souvenirs and such things. It was a pretty isolated strip mall type of place. One of the restaurants (they had something like a lobster for a mascot) had really good nachos.
Don't Miss: Didn't go on any excursions.
Majahual, Mexico
Don't Miss: Didn't go on any excursions.
Belize City, Belize