Golden Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Absolutely beautiful!

Sail Date: May 22, 2010

The ship is beautiful. However, there were a few minor issues:
The size of the main theater is a little on the small side. I really feel Carnival has nailed this on their ships. Their theater is much larger and accommodates families with booths.
The buffet is chaos. Luckily, I'm a dining room kind of a girl, but when you're with family that prefers the buffet, it's difficult to find seating and the buffet set-up is very disorganized. Carnival has also mastered this. They have a single buffet that leads you in and straight to the drinks station. The buffet is mirrored on both sides and there's always a place to sit. Love that!
I wouldn't mind a few more on-board activities.

Pros: The scenery

Recommends Golden Princess? Yes!

Could use some more activities. Carnival is a good reference.
We had bunk beds folded up on both sides of our cabin and my boyfriend and I both hit our shoulders and heads on them several times getting out of bed. :(
See above
Great food, but I do prefer Carnival food over Princess.
My family was turned away at dinner for not dressing appropriately. Carnival has never enforced this. If they paid they way on the ship, they should be able to eat wherever they want regardless of how they're dressed.
Juneau, Alaska
Great time! We did the $27 city tour that was offered off the ship. The tour guide recommended a restaurant called The Hangar and we loved it. My boyfriend also bought a diamond at Diamonds International. Great customer service!
Don't Miss: Mendenhall glacier
Ketchikan, Alaska
Very sweet city. The town is great. Creek Street was fun and the little tram ride is nice.
Don't Miss: Creek Street
Skagway, Alaska
We went zip-lining. It was beautiful. We wish would have taken the train as well, but it was very costly.
Don't Miss: Probably the train ride
Victoria, British Columbia
We took a bus tour. It was a little late when we arrived (7:30pm) and it was rainy and cold. The bus tour took us through the city, but we didn't get to walk around. It looked great. I would love to go back and stay for a day or two.
Don't Miss: Downtown and Mt. Tolmie