Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Not the best cruise we've been on

Sail Date: September 18, 2016

Reviewed: 28 days ago

Room Type: Suite

Let's start with the positive: the food and the service was great in the main dining room,  the Windjammer,  Giovanni's,  and Johnny Rocket's.  Don't go to Chops unless you are wearing a gold name tag  (multiple cruise goers).  My husband and I went there for breakfast one morning  (it was open for suite guests) and were treated like we were an inconvenience.  When the manager found out,  he apologized and sent chocolate covered strawberries and invited us to come to breakfast again.  Against our better judgment, we went back and was seated and waited for 5 minutes.  We were given menus but nothing to drink (mind you that the 1st time there we were given coffee and water when we were given a table) We got up and walked to the door and when we got to the door,  the hostess asked,  "where are you going? "  I said, "my husband needs coffee." Mind you that there were about 10 people in there at the time  (I'm sure it was less but I'm being generous).  The manager was not there at the time so after we had a great breakfast at the Windjammer,  we told our concierge, Bertie, what had happened and he called the manager who came to the concierge lounge and sided with the hostess whom he already spoke with making us try to feel like we were wrong.  We also had a few minor bumps in the road but all of those were resolved quickly.  I cannot say it was a bad cruise,  we did have fun most of the time but the ship was too big for my husband to wheel himself around  (he is new to the wheelchair). We prefer the smaller ships. I highly doubt that we will go on the Freedom of the Seas again.

Love the space. Some people might not like the hot tub comes out above the next cabin and obstructs some of the view but we didn't mind it.
The thick carpet makes it hard for a wheelchair to get around
Everyone was great except the staff at Chops
Main dining room, Windjammer, Johnny Rocket's, Giovanni's, Sorrento, Cupcake Cupboard and room service were great

Avoid Chops unless you are a gold badge wearing passenger. Main dining room, Windjammer, Giovanni's, Sorrento, Cupcake Cupboard, Johnny Rocket's, and Cafe Promenade all have great food

1 Comment