Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Exceeded expectations

Sail Date: September 11, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Cabin: 1816

This was our first cruise for our 1 year anniversary and it was fantastic.  Not only did the cruise ship exceed our expectations but so did the food and service.  The staff was amazing and went overboard, ;), to take great care of us.  We spoke with several couples who have been on other cruise lines and we agree when they say Royal Caribbean is great.

The service was more than exceptional.  Even when something went wrong, the employee took personal responsibility and made things better.

The food was great in the main dining room and breakfast was great.  Fresh everything.  Fresh fruit, not canned.

I can't rave enough about this ship and it's crew and the food.  The only reason I gave it a 4 star was due to the DJ at night and some lack of information for the port that we went to.  They gave information for the ports of call but not enough for the excursions and where to find the places on the port.  The DJ was not very good so my wife did not enjoy dancing.  For me, it was amazing overall.  I would do it again.  Just need to save some money first. :)

The cabin we got had a floor to ceiling glass on the outside of the ship so we could be in bed and look out at the ocean. It was fantastic. It was more spacious than we expected. Wow!
This was so simple and easy. I don't know why I fly to place. Cruising is awesome.
Children's Programs Did not have kids with us so don't know.
Great overall except the DJ at the late night parties.
The best!
Port Canaveral, Florida
Getting to the boat was easy as we parked a place a few miles away and they dropped us off. Considering the tolls, next time, we will probably take a shuttle from Orlando to Port Canaveral due to cost.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
We took the Kayak tour and it was great. The employees were very friendly and had great attitudes. We purchased this through Royal Caribbean before we cruised.
Falmouth, Jamaica
This was great as I had been there before. I booked my excursions through expedia as they were cheaper. The taxis are expensive so share with others if possible. Mystic Mountain and Dunns River in Ocho Rios is great.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Due to the limited time at this port we didn't do much except take a tour with others. Not much to do here except the clear water for snorkling or diving. 7 mile beach is nice too. You will need to pay for umbrellas and chairs on the public beach. Swimming with the Dolphins is nice too but didn't have much time.
This was amazing as we took a submarine to see the coral reefs. The water is so clear. it would be great for beach, snorkling and diving. Swimming with the dolphins would be great too. Rent a scooter or car and go around yourself. You can tour the island in 1 hour on your own and at your own pace.

So much of the food and drinks were included so ask if you don't know. There's no reason for you to be hungry or thirsty any time of day. The main dining food was great. The all day pizza place was good and the breakfast was great.

1 Comment