Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: September 11, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Shore Excursion for the Dolphins in Cozumel and the activities on the ship were exceptional. Windjammer huge disappointment from previous cruises. The food in the Windjammer was not of the quality in the pass.  Most of the time it was cold and the variety on a daily bases was not there. Activity director was the most energetic Director I have seen on any ship, he is relentless.  That man goes from sun up to sun down and always has a smile and never shows exhaustion. The personnel working under him had the same infectious personalities and energy, he really sets an outstanding example on how to keep people entertained and enjoying themselves.   Dining staff in the Any Time dining were outstanding.  The spa personnel were very helpful and the technicians were very professional and very well trained in their area of expertise.

I was disappointed that the ship really showed its age.  RC has a reputation of excellence and I think they have somehow neglected the appearance of the ship.  It did not have the WOW factor that I am familiar with for RC.Surprised I will travel on RC again on a different vessel and hopefully get back to the standards that I am use to from RC.  Even though I was disappointed I still had a good time and will travel on RC again. I visited the casino twice very crowded, loud and smoky.  I also played Bingo which I thought was a little on the costly side for only 3 games but the staff make it pleasant and fun to be there.

Beds were terrible not everyone likes a rock hard mattress and no egg crates were available for use. It was a full week of hip and back pain. Couch was very worn and faded
Furniture needs updating, very worn and frayed especially in the dining room. Wood needs oiling very dry and faded,
Children's Programs NA
Any time dining wait staff (Jake & Shiela) were outstanding
Windjammer food was cold most of the time and was so spread out with different selections you were trying to get through crowds with plates not a pleasant experience
Port Canaveral, Florida
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Not having been to this side of the island the rocks in the water were awful. The beaches were no way as nice as the other side of the island. Should consider going back to other side to dock.
Falmouth, Jamaica
George Town, Grand Cayman

Take anytime dining and ask for Jake and Shiela section.