Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Nice Ship, lovely service, too loud

Sail Date: March 27, 2016

I have never gone a cruise before so I didn't realize how often I would feel like a lemming...herded around with literally thousands of people. So, I will try to be unbiased to the RC. I loved being on a ship, service was great, ship is very nice and clean as it can be, food in the Windjammer was very good, but the sweets were sub-par overall. What I found hard to take was the constant loud music everywhere on the ship. There was even music in the sauna! Music on the beaches, at the ports....maddening. My balcony was mostly quiet, I had good neighbors but the daily live music on the promenade deck leaked out every afternoon making reading on the balcony slightly annoying. Activities were cheesy, seminars in buying diamonds, no dance or exercise classes. The gym was very nice though.

I would take another cruise but I would look for one that was less a constant party atmosphere.

Cabin / Stateroom Cabin was very nice, unlimited hot water and great water pressure in the shower. This cabin is very quiet but I may have gotten lucky with good nieghbors.
Desserts were not very good.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Skip Nellies beach, go to the ocean side, way fewer people.
Falmouth, Jamaica
Stay on the ship and enjoy the peace and quiet.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Nice beach and water but too many people.
Water was cold, even at the private beach, Nacho Cocom, there was loud music and people smoked in the hot tub...stay on the ship.

If you have been to the caribbean beaches before, stay on the ship on port days! Much less loud music everywhere and empty hot tubs and pools! Love the ship experience when the others were ashore.