Another great cruise on Freedom

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Eastern Caribbean
Sail Date: October 04, 2015
Ship: Freedom of the Seas

Freedom does it once again. Just returned from Oct 4th Eastern Caribbean cruise on Freedom and we had a wonderful cruise.  Although Freedom was refurbished earlier this year I didn't notice any changes except for Sabor the new mexican restaurant. We sailed on Freedom 3 years ago. It was great then and it still is.

Service and food was great. I highly recommend you try Sabor. The food is really good. The dining room food was as expected (good) and the service was great. The wait staff bends over backwards to ensure you have a good experience and they make sure to remember your name and your food preferences.

Due to the lingering storm in the Bahamas we had to skip our first port, Coco Cay. Although passengers may not have agreed with the captains decision, it was the right thing to do. Allowing passengers to get on a tender to get to Coco cay could have been dangerous. Freedom had their stabilizers activated due to water conditions and tenders do not have stabilizers. I don't think passengers understood the risk.

St. Thomas and St. Maarten were great. The shows on board we good, I just wish there were more comedy shows. Also Royal should offer a few specialty lounges such as a dedicated jazz lounge, R & B lounge, etc.  Some of the entertainment did not start until after 11pm, which is a bit late.  There wasn't much to do while waiting for the music/dancing to start.

We stayed in an owners suite and our room was fabulous.  The balcony was very big.  There were 2 cushioned wicker lounge chairs and a round dining table w/chairs. I believe it is about 210 square feet. It's huge. Our room attendant was very attentive and ensured our needs were met. The service in the concierge lounge was exceptional.

Overall this was another great cruise on Freedom of the Seas. I have never encountered bad service. One or two workers may not have been over the top pleasant, but I attribute that to the long hours they work servicing over 3 thousand, sometimes demanding passengers week after week.  Bottom line is no one was rude. Customer service is a hard job. Treat people the way you want to be treated and you will have a wonderful cruise. I look forward to sailing on Freedom again.

Try to go to the same bar each day and give an additional tip here and there. Your bartender will take good care of you.