Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

!!!Dont buy a watch from the on-board jewelry shop!!!

Sail Date: March 01, 2015

I bought a watch for $1299 USD (retail was supposedly $3600) at the watch sale. Due to Royal Caribbean charging outrageously priced wireless fees ($140 USD). I had no way of checking prices, but assumed it would be less then back home. Boy was I wrong! I can pick up the same watch for half the price (approx. $650 USD).

Other than that, we did enjoy the cruise and the ports that were visited, but not as much as other cruises that I have been on.

I was disappointed that we never got a chance to try out the "flowrider", a highlighted specialty of this ship which allows you to experience surfing/body surf without the dangers.. It was either not running (a lot of the time) or it was booked up.

Food was good, although you had to puchase a "beverage" package - we bought a nonalcoholic one for $150USD and a soda one for $50USD. - if they give you the chance to pick from 3 offers ($75 on-board credit, free beverage package, i dont recall the third option) I recommend checking into the beverage package. The last time I cruised was years ago and soft drinks, water, coffee etc was included, I assumed this was the case and got stung again.

I felt like I was being "nickled and dimmed" every chance they got (beverage packages, wireless charges, automatic gratuities).

Great specialty dining, but with a $35 per person charge, it is not worth it in my opinion. We got a coupon that entitled us to choose from one of the specialty diners for 1 night.
very clean. altough we didnt enjoy the balcony as much as we thought we would, due to it being hot and extremly muggy.
dining, cleaning staff were great, Guest services were snobs and unfriendly everytime i talked to them.
only saw one show, TV choices were very limited.
Children's Programs No comment as we dont have children
too many options - 4 page list of things to do for the next day
No comment as we never went on any excursions
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
it was too hot, my wife and I could only take the heat for a couple of hours. (my wife can work in the yard all day at home where its typically 30C and hotter, but the heat is different in the caribbean.
Falmouth, Jamaica
George Town, Grand Cayman
didnt do any excursions - just got off the ship and went to the market

free starbucks coffee if you have a specialty drink package

1 Comment