Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Organized, relaxing, and So-So

Sail Date: February 22, 2015

This was my first experience on Royal Caribbean. I have cruised approximately 10 times on two other cruise lines.  Prior to my trip, I went online to read the latest reviews on The Freedom Of The Seas.  I don't think I read one positive review and it made me quite worried. A common complaint was the unorginazation at check in and the long lines at the soda machines. I never found either one of these complaints to be true. Check in was a breeze. We waited less than 10 minutes for our group number to be called to board the ship. I never saw a line at the soda machine for those who purchased the soda package.   Overall, I found nothing spectacular to set this cruise line over any of the others I have cruised. The dining room food was adequate to poor.  In fact, we chose to eat in the Windjammer three nights over the dining room as the food selection was more appealing and a wider variety.  The service in the dinning room was poor.....probably the worst I have ever experienced.   The pool crew weren't as friendly as we've had in the past. We did enjoy the entertainment and never found the elevator lines to be a problem.  Yes, there were times we had to wait, but for only a minute for the next elevator to arrive. We ate at Johnny Rockets one night. It was a wonderful experience. The Promenade floor was lovely......shops, Ben and Jerry's, Sorrento's Pizza, and the Promenade Cafe.   I would cruise this same itinerary again as St Thomas and St Maarten were beautiful.

Cabin / Stateroom Room seemed a bit smaller than other interior rooms we've stayed in. The shower was definitely the smallest I've experienced.