Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Big ship but not overwhelming. .loved it!

Sail Date: May 18, 2014

Room Type: Suite

can't complain about anything on this cruise. Steward was very attentive always bringing me ice bucket towels total concern for me and my husband. ICE show is a total must see and I saw the Platters! Get tickets before you board so u a re good to get in .Also the pool and the dancing under the stars was the hIt! I had a mini suite that might have been a factor. My drink package was rather expensive ..55 per day ..included all premium cocktails ..wine at dinner..fruit slushy drinks and a coke container/ souvenir and all the bottled water one could want but they would only give u one bottle at a time..If you're a big water drimker..u have to run from bar to bar to collect them. I did have an obstruction when I looked up on my balcony once the sun set..it looked like a UFO ..it was the 11th floor jacuzzi!!! If you're a stargazer like me ..it will ruin your day/ rather night so the assistant desk manager Andy ..gave me a 20 percent voucher toward my next cruise. That made me feel a bit better but still an obstructed view ..cabin no.9264..starboard also another jacuzzi on port side same location. CHOPS GRILLE was really lacking...not much variety and husband said his NY strip was tough. My filet was good but the " warm cookie " desert was just a couple cookies from the common area heated in microwave!! People next to me were so impressed. .I chuckled:) Heard Portofino was better upgrade restaurant. The guitar ballad guy in the small bar in the Promenade was the Best!! Played everything and people were soo....happy there singing along to the wee hours ! Few chair hogs at pool but some gorgeous weather so just sat in pool with a drink and had great conversations. Met wonderful people at our late seating table of 8 and saw them every night. My friend Anna and Rodrigo and Matt and Azia...best buddies:) Ports are pretty boring..The Orient beach in St Martin ( nude bch) was entertaining . I've never experienced that before .
All in all
.Lovely ship
Great staff and people
Food was average and pretty bland. I would love to have Indian food pretty much everyday day:( Enjoy!! I would definitely take this ship again .!!

Cruise Photos

Children's Programs na
Destinations and Excursions na
Port Canaveral, Florida
parking is expensive ..so Coltrane shuttle can pic up and drop off for 60 dollars a couple. u can leave car at hotel for a week for free.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Didn't get to go ...too windy to take tender boats and dock
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas