Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Second Mate

Fantastic Cruise Lines

Sail Date: May 04, 2014

When comparing cruise lines....I would say that Royal C leads the pack. We have been on many different lines and can honestly claim that the service was exceptional, food very good and the shows/entertainment was terrific. The Cruise Director, Casey P ( I believe that is his name) was a complete Hoot!! What a personality!! He was right out there with the crowd even when not directing!! Would go back on the Freedom just to enjoy his personality again.

The cruise was truly enjoyable with one small exception......The My Time Dining is really not......It's more like their time dining. One has to make a  reservation  and when trying to make a certain time was told there were no tables. Apparently they can't seem to run My Time Dining like a restaurant. First come first served. Have Never had to make reservations on any other cruise line and have Never had a problem getting seated.

Over all we would definately plan another cruise with Royal Caribbean.

Truly enjoyed ourselves!!

Clean and well kept
Food Great but My Time Dining needs to be improved. Check beginning comments
Steward (Siri) was excellent and personable
Cruise Director ( Casey) was great
Children's Programs NA
Enjoyed the activities
Did not go to the private Island. I understand that it was too shallow to dock the tenders. Maybe the docking area should be dregged out?? I can honestly say that I was Very disappointed!! Was looking forward to getting off and roaming. 5 days at sea are too many on a 7 night cruise!! I heard from other cruisers that most of the time the ship has an excuse for Not Stopping. Could it be more financially lucrative for RC?? More money to be made onboard??
Port Canaveral, Florida Get on board
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Take a tour of island
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Go to the Butterfly Farm. Very interesting and beautiful

Don't go to Johnny Rockets!! Yuck!!!