Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Stress Relief!

Sail Date: September 22, 2013

Boarding process was as expected, a little slow to get through the security screening. Once we got to the check in desk the process took 5 minutes and we were on our way. This was my first trip on the Freedom class of ship and didn't know what to expect as far as service and comfort since we would be joined by 4200 guests. I was plesently surprised, it never felt over crowded and facilities were always easily accessible. The Windjammer Jade buffet area was clean and had excellent service, the food was good but nothing special. The dining area was laid out and decorated with a traditional formal atmosphere, not a Chucky Cheese look. The food had it's good but also some bad. One night I had a seafood mash dinner and the breaded fish and scallopes were institutional grade Long John Silver quality. To be fair there were bright spots with the lamb chops, steak and the lobster was the best I've ever had on a cruise. When it was time to deboard and return to reality the whole experience was the fastest I ever had, it took 15 minutes. The entire staff on the ship went out of there way to make you feel special, if I could I would give them 6 stars. The best way to show how our experience was is 3 days later I booked another trip on the same ship except we will be taking the western carribean cruise. If you need down time and relaxing cruise take the 7 day eastern carribean trip, my blood pressure dropped 45 points.

Some ruff spots
6 star staff

If you complete your pre board paperwork check in will take less than 5 minutes.