Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Why not indeed!

Sail Date: September 26, 2010

I LOVED this ship! The activities were many and they have done a wonderful job target marketing so that there was an area of enjoyment specifically themed for all age groups to enjoy. Personally, we liked the Schooner Bar with its trivia contests during the day and the piano player who entertained us at night. The dining room food was so delicious and delivered by our humorous waiter who remembered our names from day one. He made it worth our while to dress up after of a day of leisure and fun in the sun! Also, a huge thanks goes out to the staff in the Windjammer. They stopped to talk to everyone and in one case serenade us each morning. So, instead of being nameless waiters and bussers they became a new friend from another country. It was great! I highly recommend the Once Upon a Time show in the Arcadia Theater and the ice skating show in Studio B. Amazing, quality ice skating on the high seas! I cannot wait unil I can cruise again!

Pros: Piano player in the Schooner Bar, Once Upon a Time show, Variety of activities

Cons: Two hour line to check in at port

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!

Beautiful Royal Promenade! Everything was always clean!
Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!
Superior Balcony Stateroom - We had enough room to move around freely without feeling cramped. Of course, I loved the balcony. There is nothing like laying in bed and looking out over the ocean! I would remove the glass coffee table though as it seemed to take up more space than being functional.
All the staff was golden! Two thumbs up!
Not enough time in the day to get it all done. So, after the cruise I have a feeling of wanting to go back and check out what I missed out on the first time!
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
I highly recommend the Parasailing. This is something I have wanted to do all my life. I have to say that I will gladly sign up whenever I return to Cococay.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We rode the cable cars up the side of the mountain. The view from the top is breathtaking and should be on everyone's bucket list of things to do! The fee is reasonable and only a short walk from the port.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Okay, I hate to give this tip because it will be like letting the cat out of the bag. Here goes: Rent a jeep for a nominal fee and drive to Cul de Sac. A ferry will take you to Pinel Island where for a small fee you can rent chairs & umbrella & enjoy your day on a remote private island. There is even a great outdoor restaurant and boutique! We spent 4 hours there and it felt like one!