What a rip off

Transpacific

Sail Date: October 08, 2016

Ship: Explorer of the Seas

Review Summary

Being ripped off as Royal Caribbean sold 1500 tickets at less than 60% of what we paid ruined what was otherwise a wonderful cruise. I was lied to by RC and told prices would be frozen after the final payment date. Once on board, all of us who booked early through an agent, spoke to the many who got the "deal". Take my advice if you can and do not book early through an agent as that is the excuse RC uses to do nothing to correct you being ripped off. It is a circular scam. The dining staff were also rude when we tried to change our dining reservations from 6 PM fixed to "My Time" so we could make the 7 PM show. I had to involve the Captain.

Ship Experiences

Excellent service and cleanliness, could not be happier.

Book as late as possible through Royal Caribbean directly if you want to avoid paying more for the same cruise and to avoid being ripped off. Use on shore internet cafes to avoid the slow $20/day ship's internet.

Ports Of Call

Seattle, Washington

Honolulu, Oahu

Suva, Fiji

Dirty and I spoke to a fellow cruiser who had his backpack stolen from an internet café.

Port Vila, Efate, Vanuatu