Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Another great vacation

Sail Date: August 14, 2014

I go on a cruise every year going on different boats   I enjoyed my vacation.  Great atmosphere. 'Wishy-Washy' Lady is cool and funny. All the staff is very nice, helpful, and says hello especially my stateroom person Michael, dining person Cecil.  Stir fry chef Fitz. Great service. The rooms are larger than other boats I've been on and for three in an inside cabin- we were very comfortable, always clean and neat. The entertainment was great the ice shows the dance shows. Cruise director Leigh was excellent and funny. The camp for the kids was excellent. My nephew had a wonderful first cruise experience and the camp added to that. All the girls who worked there from 9am-10pm were absolutely excellent. Thank you. The only thing that was not to my liking was the food in the main dinning room. Service was great, food was not and we stopped going to the dinning room because of the food. It was not spectacular. Same boring steak/ chicken; the new dish for the night just was not appetizing to choose. We choose to go the buffet the rest of the cruise and the best night for food was Caribbean night at the buffet. The island choices were good wish they had more accommodations to the beach. Days at sea were comfortable especially- you can always find a chair to sit in the sun and the track was about the length of the boat.

Cruise Photos

Except some parts seem small like the casino, but room was a great size better than other boats
buffet was way better than the main dinning room
My stateroom person Michael, Cecil, Chef Fitz
Cruise director leigh, singer jammila, ice dancers, show dancers
all the girls were great with the kids, my nephew had a great first cruise
movie room,
destinations were good excursions ok wish there were more options to go to the beach
Room felt large and my stateroom person Michael was excellent
Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey
Feels very remote to get to with small signs with arrows not like Manhattan, Ny
King's Wharf, Bermuda
Walked right to the beac,h follow the footsteps- cost $5. to get in
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Island was pretty, didnt make it to the beach boat arrive a little late only time for one tour
San Juan, Puerto Rico
When we got off vans/ buses right there offereing tours of the city for $10.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
What a surprise was there in 2001 had to take a little boat, now it is much prettier and theres a dock. Desperately needed pool shoes, way too many roocks in ocean to enjoy the ocean

Navigating from one place to another was much easier compared to some other boats

1 Comment