Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Fantastic Cruise

Sail Date: July 22, 2010

The ship was very easy to get around. I wasn't that crazy about the prominade which is suppose to be like a little city. I felt that there weren't that many shops on this ship. Loved the pools especially the adult pool. The best was that nobody tried to push you to buying drinks like I have seen on other cruises.

Pros: Staff was personable and pleasant. Cruise Director, Jimmy Rhodes was the best cruise director I have ever had on a cruise. He really took the time to get to know you. The Quest game night was the best ever!!

Cons: The shows weren't that great. I have been on other cruise ships where the nightly entertainment was better.

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? Yes!

very easy to get around
I found that there were too many seminars being offered. There should have been more activities. I did feel that the activity crew did not participate as much as on other cruises.
There were times when we did not get soap. Other than that the staff came several times a day to change the towels. Loved the animals that were left every night.
loved the Windjammer for breakfast. The food was very good. Dinner was great. We were at a table for 10 and ended up having a great time with the people we met. Our waiter and assistant waiter were fantastic. Also, the head waiter came every night to see how things were going and actually spent time having a conversation with all of us. I have never seen that before on a cruise ship.
Everyone on the ship was very helpful and pleasant.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
The glass bottom boat cruise was great.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
The beach was great.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Wasn't crazy about this port. It reminded me too much of New York and not of an island. Never got to see a beach.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten