Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Our first, but won't be the last!

Sail Date: March 11, 2007

When we pulled into the port in Miami, we were very excited about the size of the ship. This being our first cruise, we did not have anything to compare it to, but we talked to several other passengers who said it was much larger than other ships they have been on. It did not seem crowded at all except at dinner time. There was an overwhelming number of activities for all ages at all times. We definately enjoyed cruising on Royal Caribbean.

Pros: Service, Cleanliness, and Activities

Cons: Room service took too long

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? Yes!

Belize City, Belize
Skip the city and go straight into the rainforest.
Don't Miss: Zipline!
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
This port is not for shoppers. It was pretty desolate and the tiny fishing village does not offer much, but the coastline and the water was so amazingly beautiful and I am sure I would visit again.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Way overrated. Don't pay to go to seven mile beach on one of the ship's excursions. I would take a taxi there myself. Caymanians are generally lazy and unaccomidating to vacationers. It was disappointing after becoming accustomed to the very friendly and very accomodating locals at the other ports.
Don't Miss: We didn't get to, but we would have liked to try the Tortuga rum cakes
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
George Town, Grand Cayman
Cozumel still is recovering from the Hurricane Wilma. Other passengers who had visited Cozumel in the past, seemed quite disappointed. Overall, we were not very impressed. We did not go on one of the ship's excursions, but did our own snorkeling trip. It was okay, but we are spoiled living here in Florida and find that nothing beats snorkeling in the keys.
Don't Miss: Partyers should definately hit Carlos and Charlies/ Senor Frogs.
Don't Miss: Partyers should definately hit Carlos and Charlies/ Senor Frogs.
Belize City, Belize
Skip the city and go straight into the rainforest.
Don't Miss: Zipline!