Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Off the Cruise...Has given me the Blues

Sail Date: June 30, 2006

Room Type: Suite

My family and I had sailed the RCL Voyager for a 9 day last July and had the best time so decided to keep with the same type of ship and move to the Explorer for the 9 day on 6/30/06. I couldn't have imagined that this cruise would exceed my expectations. The ship was so very familiar that it became comfortable right away. We had the owner's suite which was spcaious, and a great room steward to keep it wonderfully picked up and organized. All of the crew was friendly and attentive and it was hard to remember that there were familes before us, and would be families after us. We were made to feel that special. It is one thing to have the incredible experience of being on a ship, but to have one that you love to be on and look forward to being on again is amazing to me. Alan, the cruise director, is a natural. He is precious to look at and so naturally funny and relaxed. The ice show was great; Hayes and Wilde, the comedy team, left me in tears. Portofinos is wonderful!! The food and service were spectacular. To go on and on and rave like a lunatic might get embarrassing for me (well maybe not, but I know I won't be able to write the novel I want in this space), because that is what I want I feel I would have to do. Fill pages and pages with a glowing review of every aspect. So let me end it here with the the the proof...(besides the fact that we are going on the RCL Jewel in Oct 06)....we have excitingly and happily and anxiously booked the Explore for another 9 day on 7/6/2007!! Whooohooooo!!!

Pros: The ship becomes my family's "home"

Cons: That after 9 days it has to end

The ship was so easy to get around and was incredibly clean and well maintained.
What can i say!!! All the crew and staff always had a smile and a hello on their lips!!
I loved having the same table and waiter each night. I became very attached to "Everton" and do miss him. Each night we had plently of options to chose from, and special requests were no problem. I loved the variety of options in the Windjammer and had all breakfasts and lunches there.
We had an Owner's Suite next to the elevator. It was a great place to be!! The room was spacious for the 4 of us with storage everywhere!! We had 13 pieces of luggage (5 were small duffles) and had room to spare!! Our room steward has his work cut out for him, but met the challenge every time.
Loved Hayes and Wilde!! Ice Show is so unique and entertainting. Love and Marriage is always a hoot and Alan just adds to the fun! Loved playing bingo even though I never won! Fast Forward was exciting and the music and dancing addicting. The car race was so funny (I even won the owners race!!)
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Ok here I need to gush!!! It is a beautiful place with warm waters and beautiul views. My hubby and daughter parasailed and did the waverunners again. Loved it, of course!! The barbecue was declicious. This is still my favorite port to be!!!
Don't Miss: everything!!!!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Family took the ATV s throught the rain forest. My 17 year old son was blown away by it and can't wait to do it next year. Hubby had so much fun he wants to buy one for home.
Don't Miss: ATV through the rain forest
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Don't Miss: ATV through the rain forest
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Don't Miss: everything!!!!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
My family did "BOB" and loved it!! I shopped and I loved that!!!
Don't Miss: BOB!!!!!!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
My family did "BOB" and loved it!! I shopped and I loved that!!!
Don't Miss: BOB!!!!!!