Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A Perfect Cruise Experience

Sail Date: June 30, 2006

The Explorer of the Seas is a top rated ship! The staterooms were beautiful (we had a superior balcony). The most awesome part of the ship was the service! The people working on the ship did anything and everything to make you happy! The entertainment was fantastic (although the shows were a bit "hokey")...I laughed very hard every night. I am in love with Alan the Cruise Director. I would do this again in a minute -- and plan to very soon!

Pros: Everything...ports, entertainment, service, weather, ship, just everything

Cons: Coming home!

My 16 year old was not impressed with the program -- but she did not want to come home either!
Layout is great; very clean; well designed and decorated.
Never had a bad meal. Food is very rich...most people loved it; I wished it was a little less fattening.
Beautiful; our attendent was wonderful.
The ship staff were there to help and make you happy.
There was so much to do (besides layout by the pool); my favorite lounge was Dizzy's; the Maharaja room was very comfortable and the shows there were amusing.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
The best part of the trip.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Went snorkeling at Pinel Island. Not many fish to see, but the water was warm, guides were great, and the beach was relaxing.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We shopped. If I did this again, I would not shop and instead go to the beach. but the shopping was great!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Wonderful...wish we had more time to see the historical sites. Went to an overpriced restaurant that served me raw chicken and tried to tell me it was smoked (The Parrot Club). Only bad experience the entire vacation.