Eurodam Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Fabulous Trip!

Sail Date: May 30, 2016

First of All, Thomas Houser of was fantastic to work with! He helped me navigate through all the choices, excursions, drink packages, etc. He has been to many places and shared stories good and bad. I really enjoyed working with him to make our trip special and affordable.

My husband and I went to celebrate our 40th anniversary with 2 other couples. We all chose Balcony rooms, while all were nice we chose to go to the back of the ship, deck 7 and were not disappointed. Our room was quite a bit larger as was our balcony than our friends. We were able to always have a view of all the ports with no obstruction and the wake as well. Room 7138. We had some beautiful sunsets to enjoy on our balcony as well. Only 1 or 2 nights did we notice movement but other than that we slept great. The service was wonderful from Tao & Moh our cabin boys as they handled everything and shared some creative towel anima  figures they made. The ship does not allow or have irons. They charge a fee either by piece or unlimited pressing of $55 though I called ahead and was told it was $44 for unlimited pressing. More for cleaning or laundry. The food was plentiful and too many choices though a couple nights The Dining Room was very slow as far as service. We ate at The Pinnacle Grill several nights and the food was delicious and service excellent. Be sure to check out the Cabanas to rent by the pool. When at sea they are $50 and at port only $30. All day which included champagne, water, fruit and a private server to bring anything at all you wanted. We would have reserved them more often but didn't know they were so reasonable.

We were on the Eurodam and for me the entertainment was good but the stage itself was lacking any style or excitement at all. It looked like a high school stage. They need to upgrade it and work on improvement of entertainment. I was expecting a more WOW Factor. Also, one note for any of you going to Venice. Do not book the Venice Gondola Excursions from anyone. I thought I was getting a really good deal until I found out the Gondolas directly charge 80 euros per boat which holds up to 6 people. I paid $49 per person through Shore Excursions and it was $89 through HAL. That would have saved us plenty.  Also, the WiFi took several minutes just to get on and if you didn't log off each time the clock keeps ticking. We finally complained as many others did and was given a credit. The WIFI on the ship is not free and doesn't work well at all. We did by the package that is 90 minutes for $55 but it was pretty bad. Wait until you are on shore and use free wifi at restaurants. Though we felt we were mostly with an older crowd (we are a young 60) we had a great time. We even took the Train to Rome and met a couple from the ship who knew Rome well and we walked all over to see the sights with them. It was great! Thanks Jim and Donna! So much to do on the ship with everyone so kind and helpful  I would definitely go again.

We loved the view and it was a much bigger room and balcony than our friends whose cabin was on the 5th deck and more in the middle of the ship.
if you have to choose between Taormina and Mt. Etna go with Taormina. Mt. Etna is a beautiful view but it was so cold and winds were so strong we could barely be outside and we were there for 2 hours
Barcelona, Spain
Go to the Farmers market. It's amazing
Toulon, France
Monte Carlo, Monaco
hop on hop off bus was worth it
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Shopping for gold and leather. Go to Por Santa Maria shopping area. Madova Gloves and AJ Leathers for quality and selection. I did the most damage in Florence and 've been there 2 times before
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Naples, Italy
Pompeii is a must see. Sorrento was pretty but not much time there
Corfu, Greece
Kotor, Montenegro
The most beautiful port of all and a beautiful village.

3 of the bars offer buy one get the 2nd one for $1. They are all at different times. I would order 2 glasses of wine. I took the 2nd one with me to dinner since you can bring them anywhere. Also, the beer gift pkg is a good deal & it comes to your cabin.