Family Cruise

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Enchantment of the Seas

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail Date: June 29, 2018

Ship: Enchantment of the Seas

Cabin Number: 2067

Review Summary

It was my family's first time cruising and my 3rd. Prior to the cruise, everyone in my family had shared their upcoming vacay plans to friends and neighbors and everyone who had cruised with Royal before all said the same thing, Royal is the best! And I agree! This was my 2nd RC cruise and I couldn't wait to get back on! Overall, the ship is older and is showing its age and the size is smaller than other RC ships for the short trip to the Bahamas. The cabins were clean enough but could be more clean. The entertainment was fab and the activites were plentiful. The food could use an improvement but service was first class. Felt like VIP everywhere we went. Despite all the flaws, I would go back on RC in a heartbeat but perhaps to a different destination and ship!

Embarkation

Ship Experiences

After our first nights stay, we understood a little better what the cruise industry does to cater to the masses. Food has to be prepared ahead of time in order to be ready to go for a lot of people at any given time.... with that being said, quality was lacking in every venue where food is served here. After the first night, my expectations went out the window. Aside the fresh made omelets, fruits, yogurt, pastries and drinks, breakfast in the windjammer did not taste good. Everything seems overcooked or dried. In the main dining room, seems like the only apps that comes out hot are the soups, everything was room temp. Main course took forever to come out, and when it did, it was underwhelming. We went to Chops Grille and the steak, sides and desserts were great but my seafood tower was dried and overcooked. Disappointed in the food here because there were not many tables occupied at the time. Overall, service was beyond excellent.

Don't have high expectations on the food. And don't stress yourself out too much with all the onboard activities. Theres always something to do, just relax and have fun!

Ports Of Call

Port Canaveral, Florida

The most chill and stressless port! It was a breeze to go through!

Cococay (Cruise Line's Private Island)

Disembarkation