Royal Carribian should not support cruel carriage horse industry by traveling to Bahamas

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

Bahamas
Sail Date: September 05, 2016
Ship: Enchantment of the Seas

The cruise was great all except for the stop in the Bahamas - The first thing I witnessed was a skinny horse in 100 degree heat pulling a carriage full of people in the hot road - in bumper to bumper traffic - it was so hot I thought the horse was going to faint and the driver just kept whipping her...I was quite distressed seeing this - It was the first time I witnessed such cruelty. I will never cruise with any ship again that supports the Bahamas until they ban this cruel industry and switch to human peddled covered carts instead.

Amazing sunsets and sunrise views from our balcony.

I would say please do not cruise with ANY ship that is stopping in the Bahamas and supporting the cruel carriage horse industry.

Very cruel treatment of horses - forced to pull carts in extreme heat on busy streets - I watched the drivers whip the horses and I was traumatized. The island in general was a ghetto. This experience ruined the trip for me - It was a haunting image the rest of the cruise. None of the ships should not stop there until this industry is banned.