Fun Weekend Getaway

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 08, 2015
Ship: Enchantment of the Seas

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much -- but, if I'm honest, I was blown away.

Pros: Friendly staff, great drink packages (one includes Starbucks), great food/variety, nice amenities aboard the ship, pretty good shows/acts, if you gave them a chance...fun organized events (look, I rolled my eyes at the idea of karaoke, but we had some time to kill... and it was HILARIOUS to watch).

Cons: Our room was showing a little wear-and-tear, uncomfortable bed (but I am super-picky), hard to find plain ol' water (they moved to freestyle machines, but there was no plain water option).

This was not a non-stop party ship. Guests ran the gambit -- I saw families with children, bachelorette parties and seniors. All were having fun (at least on this cruise, no screaming kids at the pool).

The day I dreaded most -- CoCo Cay -- I actually enjoyed the most. For a relaxing experience, I highly recommend getting a cabana-ette, It's like you're on a private beach.

Overall I we had a great time. I would highly recommend this cruise to someone who wants a quick, tropical getaway.

If you do seated dinner, go with what your waiter recommends. That was always delicious...we got mixed results when we went with our own picks.

Go with an open mind. I would seek out karaoke or bingo, but we had some time to kill and did each... and I had a blast with both.

Good mix -- things I wouldn't normally buy tickets for (juggling), but I thoroughly enjoyed everything I saw.

Dinner staff Arnold and Sunil were spot on -- both in service and recommendations.

Public spaces looked great.

Was showing a little wear-and-tear. Bed was firm, bathroom was small (to be expected tho). Showering was interesting (also to be expected... I recommend turning the water on to get wet, stopping the water, lathering up, then turning the water back on).

CoCo Cay: If you want to relax, rent a cabana-ette. Good for 2 people, comes with 2 beach loungers, 2 floating beach mats, 2 bottles of Evian & fruit. There is a bar. You have to take a ride to it, so it's like a private beach. There is decent snorkeling in the waters (saw a lot of fish).

Quick and organized.
Did one of the reef snorkeling excursions. Was a lot of fun.
Cabana-ette -- a must!