Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Best Little Getaway!!!

Sail Date: October 03, 2014

I decided to take my best friend on her first cruise and celebrate my birthday at the first time. I have cruised many times before but only once with Royal Caribbean. I was pleasantly surprised with my cabin and all the entertainment on board even though this is one of their older ships. They have updated it to have more of the amenities that some of their larger and newer ships have. I chose to pre-pay gratuities, but found myself giving additional tips, because the staff was AMAZING!!!. I also pre-purchased a drink package which was great. For $60 I was able to enjoy premium coffee and teas from Starbucks as well as their pastries, all coke a cola products, bottled waters and juices for the entire length of my cruise. It was well worth it to me and I also got a nice souvenir cup as well. The food whether formal dining or casual was wonderful and of course there was an abundance of food to choose from. I enjoyed the clubs, the shows and the ports of calls. I actually didn't purchase excursions just because we planned on making it a beach day at both Nassau and Coco Cay. We walked to the beach in Nassau and it was great, only 10-15 min walk from the port and then had a bite at Senor Frogs (a must stop). On the private island of Coco Cay it was beautiful to have a place only for the cruisers of this ship to relax and spend a day of leisure. They had games, music, beach BBQ and lots of things to do, see or even buy at their very own straw market. If you are looking for something quick and fun I recommend a 3 or 4 day cruise with Royal Caribbean to the Bahamas. I had a wonderful time and it was inexpensive and convenient. Even the boarding process was quick and easy and that is usually the thing I hate most about cruising, but they have found a way to make that pleasurable. I am planning another one for next year with a group of my girlfriends. And I can't wait.LoveBig SmileHappy

Christal McTavish

Cruise Photos

It's been updated and well maintained throughout the cruise. Always see staff cleaning and polishing to maintain a clean area.
Wonderful!!!! I must have gained at least 20 lbs from all the food I enjoyed onboard.
AMAZING!!! cabin steward Sadat, waitstaff Adele and Vincent were the best and made the experience way more than I expected.
From game shows, to casino, to live comedians on board were great. The activities crew were so engaged with the guest on board it made you feel like a part of a family. I couldn't imagine there would be so much fun on such a short sailing but it was fantastic.
Children's Programs N/A
Took full advantage of the adult only pool every day. I actually watch my favorite sports team (NE Patriots) play on the big screen under the stars. The onboard comedian had me in tears he was hilarious!!! Casino was filled every night with people having a great time, even if they lost they enjoyed the atmosphere.
Nassau and Coco Cay were beautiful. The weather was great on both and getting around was easy and convenient. I truly enjoyed the private island and all they offered from excursions like parasailing, snorkling or wave runners and their inflatable water park. Plus there was a live band and singer and a delicious bbq all you can eat lunch provided at no cost to us. Wonderful private island.
I think they should have a smaller sofa perhaps a love seat sofa sleeper, cause when the bed is apart it has very little room. Also perhaps mounting the tv on the wall and removing the large wall vanity and replacing it with a simple mirrored table and chair. I feel the room was a bit tight because of such big furniture. But I loved the balcony and enjoyed breakfast there twice.

My tip is to take advantage of everything. You can board as early as 11:00 am so get there early and start enjoying the ship and familiarizing yourself with where things are. Have a great lunch or use the pool before it departs from port. Also pre pay for any gratuities, excursions or drink packages