Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

Summer Cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas

Sail Date: August 15, 2014

Room Type: Suite

This cruise was an acceptable experience.  I was cruising with my 16 year old daughter as a "girl's getaway."  We booked a junior suite for the additional space.  The suite was well-appointed, however looked tired and dated. and a bit of cleanliness was lacking.  We did enjoy the larger balcony as we were on the back of the ship.  The shower leaked terribly every time we used it, and from the looks of the caulking, this had been happening for quite a while.  Dinner in My Fair Lady was fair, not the same quality of food that I had experienced in the past on RCCL.  The food in WIndjammer was ok if you managed to go at a time when there were not a 1000 people all trying to get to the buffet at the same time.  I ordered the same drink each day and found it to be at 3 different prices in 3 different bars, which did not make sense to me.  Overall, it was an OK experience, but most likely will try a newer ship next time.

Dated, tired and worn looking in some areas.
Quality of food did not live up to our expectations.
Staff was always very friendly and helpful.
The band's throughout were good, the show in the theater not so much.
My 16 year old enjoyed the Teen's Club.
We did the "Beach Break" in Nassua, not worth the $70 per person that we paid.
The decor and furniture needs updating. Overall cleanliness not that great. Our refrigerator had inches of dust on it.
Port Canaveral, Florida
We pre-paid our parking online to expidite the process.
The Beach Break excursion not worth the $70 pp and the locals don't seemed thrilled with the tourists sharing the "semi-private island.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Was very crowded on our visit and lacked places to sit and eat.

The junior suites are spacious and we reserved one on the back of the ship on deck 8 which had a very large balcony. Being in a suite also gave us priority boarding and our rooms were ready first.