Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Second Mate

Not my favorite... by far.

Sail Date: May 02, 2014

Room Type: Suite

Myself and two of my best friends stayed in junior suite #8158. The room is worn down badly, even though it looks like the whole ship (including the staterooms) received new carpeting, that does nothing for how rough everything else was. As soon as we walked into our hallway heading toward our JS in the aft of the ship there was a strong sewage smell (it was there all weekend... even with the heavy amounts of air freshener they tried to cover it up with). Big nose turner. Then we made it to our room, which was plenty big enough for three women, it was just not nearly up to my standards. All the wood in the room was peeling it's varnish, the bed sheets had stains and the balcony was dirty with chairs that had random screws that were placed in the chairs to hold together the broken parts, instead of replacing them. There was a creepy door on our balcony... right out of a horror movie. Needless to say we didn't spend any time on the balcony. The bathrooms needed better maintenance and it seems that the plumbing needs some work too, as it worked sometimes, and not others. We even had the toilet flush itself at 3 o'clock in the morning with a non-stop whooshing noise, until I got up and pressed the button to make it stop. I have to say I have never been on a Royal ship that needed so much work. Even all the beach towels at the towel station were stained... EVERY ONE OF THEM! With what... I don't know... but gross! I can't really comment on their island this go around, as we didn't get to go on the island, due to bad weather they evacuated the hundred or so people before we got a chance to take the tender over. And Nassau... well, it's just Nassau and I've been there enough that we stayed on the ship and sunbathed instead. I'm only 3 points away from being an Emerald points member, but I don't know if I'm wanting to go anymore, definitely not on the older ships. Even their food was heavily lacking on this ship... I once thought their food was one of my top three cruise lines to eat on, but not anymore (not this ship). Their buffet food was greasy, unhealthy and lacking any kind of real selection. The main dining room wasn't all that much better. I think they served me "popcorn shrimp" for my shrimp cocktail appetizer, which were about 1 inch long and the skinniest I'd ever been served. The food was just a step above hospital food. I can't believe I was on Royal... it seemed like a bad dream. The entertainment was lacking as well... although the comedian was funny (I will at least give them that). Maybe they're planning to let their older ships just rust to the bottom of the ocean... who knows? But I will not be returning to any of their older/ smaller ships again. What an absolute shame.

The ship needs some serious TLC
Greasy, unhealthy and lacking quality and selection.
Bad plumbing, worn down wood everything, stained sheets, sad balcony...
Even though the ship was lacking, the staff tried their best to make our trip better.
The comedian was funny
Casino was TIGHT.
Nassau isn't my favorite and we didn't get to go on their out island due to bad weather.
Nassau is what you make of it... best to do an excursion away from the island though.

Wait for a renovation to book this one.