Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

Great Weekend Get Away

Sail Date: August 02, 2013

Room Type: Suite

I took my two 20 something granddaughters on this cruise. It was a great trip for all of us. The service on the ship was excellent; the girls really enjoyed the snorkeling excursion and we all enjoyed Cocoa Cay. If you only have a few days or if someone in your family has never cruised previously, this is the ideal trip. Also, if you are a shopper, the shopping director on this ship gave the best presentation I have ever seen. She saved me hours of looking for the watches I came to buy as well as several hundred dollars out of my pocket. Royal Caribbean gives consistently outstanding cruising experiences.
This is an older ship, but very well maintained.
The only downside for us was the music in the lounge. Even though the girls were over 21, none of us appreciated the drunken passenger conduct that was allowed after midnight.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Take advantage of parking at the hotels. They have shuttle service to the pier and the parking is cheaper.
Be prepared to fend off aggressive merchants in the Straw Market, and definitely take advantage of the cruise lines recommendations for shopping. Don't forget to get VIP cards for the stores of your choice from the shopping director. They save you time, money and unnecessary bargaining.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
There are plenty of seats. Don't stop at the first beach. Walk on down a ways and you will find the water just as pleasant and the beach less crowded.

Don't skip the shows; they are very professional and entertaining and go early if you want a seat close to the stage.