Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A nice short getaway

Sail Date: April 29, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

There was a lot I loved and some things that I would do different. I loved the food, which I hear is top notch on all Royal Caribbean cruises. The entertainment was something we truly enjoyed. The resort Island - Cocoa Cay was a great day to relax on the beach, however I wish there were more structured things that could be done - for example games (three legged race etc.) just to break up the day and not have to pay an arm and a leg to enjoy yourself. Not everywhere should require you to purchase an extra excursion in order to do something fun!

I would not go back to the Bahamas as I felt like the Bahamians are pushy and the city itself is very dirty. There was not much to do there, so I was very thankful I had purchased the Atlantis resort ahead of time or else I probably would have just stayed on the cruise ship for the day. We went for a stroll that evening and you know it is bad when you have to be buzzed in by a security guard into the McDonald's. I am uncertain if this is characteristic of most ports when cruising or not as this was my first cruise, however this one was pretty bad!

Overall I would do it again - and venture to other islands etc. I really loved the beaches and the ship itself. The kids club was very good to my son and this allowed my husband and I to spend time together alone as well!

If you can afford a balcony - go for it! It was worth every penny. I do not think I would cruise without one!