Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

A Wonderful Cruise

Sail Date: September 22, 2011

Just returned from a trip to New England and Canada on Enchantment of the Seas. I truly enjoyed the entire cruise experience, not to mention that our weather was outstanding. The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The entertainment was top notch every evening. ..we actually saw the Temptations and the most amazing magician and juggler to name a few. The Captain was available and friendly with all the passengers, answering many questions. The activity directors were energetic and there were a vast variety of activites for everyone. The Windjammer offerred a wide variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner selections. Our evening dinner was a bit early for me ( 5:30pm ). I would have preferred 6 or 6:30pm, but there were so many to feed, I understand the time factor. They did have any time style dining times available and I guess i could have opted for this oncIe I was on the ship...but I didn't want to rock the boat as they say. Vacation Outlet I believe listed the time for early dinner as 6PM so this is what we thought was happening. Another little glitch was that even though we linked our reservation numbers on line for seating with our friends, this was not the case. We both were seated at separate tables for 6. The head waiter was able to accommodate us by day 2, so that did work out. Overall I was very impressed with the service, the staff, the food the entertainment..yes our rooms were small, biut we spent very little time in our rooms. Hightlights included passing under the Key bridge, the Bay bridge and leaving Boston harbor while planes were landing overhead. The ports of call were very interesting. Enjoyed the history and the shopping. have beautiful pictures from this very special cruise. Thank you RC...would sail this ship again without hesitation.

Pros: Top notch entertainment, friendly staff, superb dining experience

Cons: I bought a water bottle package thru the cruise line with the idea that I would carry a water bottle with me to our excursions. the bottles were so big they were too heavy to carry. I bought 8 bottles, one for each day and wound up leaving 5 on the ship.

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? Yes!

My only comment would be that the rooms are a tad small as was the bathroom..but we spent very little time in our rooms..too much to do outside the room :)
Very competent, friendly staff
EXCEPTIONAL
Bar Harbor, Maine

Don't Miss: Acadia National Park/ Lobster lunch
Saint John, New Brunswick
I thought we were going to see the flower pots...which were hours away. a little dissapointed, but enjoyed the trip to the Bay of Fundy beach overall. Might pick another activity next time.
Portland, Maine

Don't Miss: Lighthouse most friequently photographed
Halifax, Nova Scotia
We actually took a cab from the terminal and the cab driver graciously took us to both places. We shared the cost with another couple. he also took us to several other scenuc areas that he thought we might like. overall beatuiful experience..cost less per person that other trips sponsored by the ship. I would say this was the most enjoyable day out of all of them.
Don't Miss: Titanic Cemetery and Peggy's Cove
Boston, Massachusetts
We arrived in Boston the morning after the Red Sox lost their playoff bids because of the Baltimore Orioles...OH BOY..i noticed several passengers wearing their Orioles jerseys.. Sad city that morning..but enjoyable day
Don't Miss: CHEERS, the Quincy market.. i wanted to go to Filenes Basement, but understand it was moved from that general area to antoher location..did not feel ike taking a cab.