First Time Cruise....nice.

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 22, 2009
Ship: Enchantment of the Seas
For first time cruiser, this ship is ideal. It's smaller, so it easy to navigate around. There are just enough activities to keep you occupied if you wish and plenty of opportunity to do nothing undisturbed if you wish. The crowd control is amazing. Rarely did I encounter more that a few hundred people at one time, even though there were 2500 on the ship.

I was expecting better quality food to be included with the price. I met with some long time cruisers and they commented that the food on this trip was average compared to other ships in the same line

I enjoyed the productions very much. The activities were average. My excursions were canceled by the cruse line. They couldn't seem to get their act together on the Singles events, however.

Stateroom staff were fabulous. Dining room staff were rude. Lounge, bar, cafe and retail staff were very nice. Activity Directors were a bit snobbish.

For an interior room it was quiet and very comfortable
The beach was OK. Shopping was pretty good
The beach is a must see. Shopping was a waste

Pros: Wonderful stateroom staff, comfortable accomodations for the price, great productions, easy embark and debark

Cons: Dining room staff not friendly, casino not non-smoking

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? Yes!