What a Disappointment!!

Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Emerald Princess

29 Night Spanish Passage And Panama Canal Adventure (Barcelona To Los Angeles)

Sail date: November 04, 2019

Ship: Emerald Princess

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: C737

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

A true disappointment - very poor food. We did an excursion in every port - disembarking to the busses terribly disorganized, very poor value on the actual excursion. The housekeeping staff was excellent. The restaurant staff ran from excellent to incompetent. The internet was nonexistent - they actually refunded 1/2 of what everyone paid. They should have refunded all of the charges. I won't rule out Princess but I have kept the name of the Captain, the Executive Chef and the Food & Beverage Director and will not sail on a Princess ship that employees them.

Embarkation

As expected

Ship experiences

I have taken several Princess cruises and normally the food is excellent. Not only was the variety limited but the preparation was way below my expectations. The Crown Grill was excellent but it should be for the price! Steamers Seafood (also a specialty pay restaurant) was a joke. A cordoned off section of the buffet - seriously?? They were out of cocktail sauce (once again I stress this is a pay restaurant) so I simply had them bring me ketchup & horseradish and made my own. They couldn't think of that??

Being at sea for 6 days your would expect varied activities - No yoga, no cooking classes, etc. Most of the activities were designed to sell you something - the spa, acupuncture, how to look ten years younger, your posture --- etc etc!

London Calling was excellent - the rest was as expected.

The only saving grace on this ship - our excellent room steward.

Cabin was a pleasant surprise - we usually do a balcony. We did have a shower issue but it was corrected immediately.

Ship tip

Don't - try a different Princess ship. I was amazed to learn from other disappointed passengers that there is a real difference among the ships. Some have wonderful chefs & others don't.

Ports of call

Barcelona, Spain Did not visit port

On our own prior to embarkation

Cartagena, Spain