Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Evaluation

Sail Date: December 14, 2014

The ship and crew were fine, well-trained and guest oriented.  The food was limited in offerings for breakfast and lunch.  There was a sameness to the offerings.  The food needs to be improved at meals other than dinner.  The dinner meal had good meals and well prepared.  The specialty restaurant was a highlight of the trip.  The ship was nice and well appointed but needing some more comfortable chairs for seating.

The room was a big let-down.  In order to get more people on board the room was equipped with two beds hanging on the wall thus negating easily getting into and out of bed.  I found it difficult to bend appropriately to rise from the bed.  It was difficult to stand up straight and move along the side of the bed.   I expected better than this from Princess lines.  At no time did I indicate there would be other than my wife and I in the room.

The "shows" providing for evening entertainment did not meet my expectations.  I have cruised with Carnival and found their dancing shows to be of better quality and precision.  The other entertainment, the illusionist and comedians were good bettering my expectations.

My wife and I both became ill while on board with colds and coughs,  This certainly influenced my evaluation of the voyage.  A strong emphasis of the ship was the provision of sanitizer for the travelers.

Carnival caters to a younger group of people which I enjoy.  The  passengers on the Emerald Princess were a much older group of people,

The ship was well appointed with woodwork.
Service was great.
Evening meal service was nice. Adri, Sharon and third member were well trained and attentive
The entertainment was good in general
Houston, Texas
sailing from Houston was advantageous.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Belize City, Belize
Enjoyed meeting the locals.