Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Nothing Spectacular

Sail Date: December 14, 2014

The Lido deck buffet is actually separated into four buffets.  Near closing time for one buffet another one opens.  The guy at the carving table in the3 buffet doesn't have anything to carve, and wants you to wait until the next buffet on the other side of the ship opens in twelve minutes before you eat.  The food is going down hill for the passenger unless you wish to pay the additional for the specialty restaurants on ship.  At the sit down dinner they fill the menu with items that are very rarely requested.  If not for my wife, I would go to the buffet for the evenings (better food) and you can see what you are getting.  The cruise was ok, the food so-so, the shows - marginal.  This is the only cruise that I have been on that I do not know the  cruise director and I have been on about twenty-five cruises.  I did like the efficiency with the boarding and post boarding the ship.  Best I have ever seen.  Met the captain and he seems to be a great guy.  The head of the hotel seems to be qualified.  I would terminate the head of food service and the cruise director.  Liked the comedians but went to there second show and it was a repeat of the first.  Maybe some more depth would be nice instead of embarrassing the people that get up to leave or the ones that were late (this was a large part of their show).

We had steak one night (wow), lobster tail one night, (eat the formal nights), liked the international cafe on deck 5.
Children's Programs Didn't see many children, I did not have any, so didn't use.
Marginal, but that was not a choice.
Had dust balls up the corner above my hear, never got ice for the room, nor fruit. This is another person that I do not know his name at the end of the cruise. Usually the guys and gals help make the cruise a major success.
Houston, Texas Port of Houston is in the middle of no where, good parking, maybe great.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Been to this port many times, never can find great things to do. Went to an all inclusive, only to have a man hit on my wife over and over.
Belize City, Belize
Went to a small island and spent the day.
Rainy day, do get out of the shopping pavilion and go across the street the prices go down and you may see more variety. There is a very interesting sword shop in the partially closed mall across the street.