Disney Wonder Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Third Mate

Disney is the way to go with teens.

Sail Date: June 23, 2014

The Disney Cruise Line does a wonderful job of scheduling events so that you can choose any activity to participate throughout the day and you will have the opportunity to attend all of those activities! (if you are not too tired from all of yesterday's activities...and if you are. there are several places to relax also) The shows are awesome and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The food, well, lets put it this way...I gained 17 pounds on my trip which may not be a good game plan for everyone but I absolutely loved the food. Thank you to the chefs and the waiter staff. My children (13 and 15 years old) had more than enough activities to keep them busy all day and sometimes late into the night as they made many new friends from all over the world and are still in contact with many of their new friends today which I think is very cool!!! The only negative thing is the laundry room is small and the dryers take about twice as long as the wash machines. I would suggest to Disney to provide more dryers than wash machines or for you as a traveler to pick odd times to use the laundry service which I did the one late night and had no problems, but the last day early morning is not a good time to do laundry so plan accordingly when it comes to this.

The pager phones that are provided in the room is a great resource to be able to contact other members of your party and they are included with no additional charge in case you are concerned about communication issues with cell phone and internet plans.

Overall, it is a truly great experience (especially if you have eating fine cuisine listed as one of you hobbies) and if you have active teens they will love it!!! If you are considering, I would suggest that you do it because the memories created by you and the Disney Cruise Staff alone are worth the cost of the trip and the food...BONUS!!! Oh, I almost forgot to mention the fact that...

Alaska is a fantastic destination!!!

Cruise Photos

Top Deck activities were nice to exercise a bit after eating too much at dinner.
One word...Awesome!
Thank you to Emrah and Marvin for our dining experiences. You guys are the best! Thank you also to Darma for taking such great care of our room and for the chocolates. You did an awesome job!!!
Take time for the shows. They are very good. I especially enjoyed the show "Dreams"
Words cannot explain.
Always something to do!!!
It just doesn't get any better than this :)
One Dad and two teens...this room worked out very nicely for us. Next time I may try an Ocean View room for a few dollars more but I was more than happy with our room.
Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia
Queen Elizabeth Theater production of "Wicked" was incredible.
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
Look for seals closely and visit both sides of the ship if you have your camera. When you get to the glacier have your camera ready to go. Great photos!
Skagway, Alaska
Alaska T- Shirt Company has very reasonable pricing on souvenirs.
Juneau, Alaska
Another Alaska T - Shirt Company if you missed out in Skagway. Nice little shop down the street a few blocks and one block to the right as you leave port.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Ulu knives and sculptures are very impressive at the Rain Barrel and the store located kitty corner across the street from it had nice items and a very helpful staff.

Choose laundry times wisely. Do not wait until the last morning.
Use deck plans located near the elevators for the first couple of days to find out where you need to go. They are very easy to use and can get you from point A to point B very quickly.

1 Comment