Disney Wonder Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Best vacation of my life!

Sail Date: September 17, 2006

The Disney ships are gorgeous -- not tacky at all (no neon, mirrors, etc.). Service is first rate. They do a great job of separating adults and children (I don't have kids, so this is important to me). Good food. This was a special 11 night cruise, so had a unique itinerary that was fantastic. The cruise does tend to attract a less "sophisticated" crowd than other cruises at this price point, but this could be a positive for some, who aren't looking for a "stuffy" experience.

Pros: 11 nights on this gorgeous ship!

Cons: Dress code in restaurants not enforced -- some took advantage and didn't

The ships are what make Disney's cruises so great. They are built in the classic ocean liner style -- similar to the Cunard line. Gorgeous detail work throughout. Beautifully maintained, too. The ship was 7 years old when we sailed and still looked brand new.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Don't Miss: Go to St. John while at this port.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Great island. Spent the day at the beach in front of the Malibu factory. Had a tour of the factory, too. Interesting.
Castries, St. Lucia
My least favorite island on the trip. A little too developed for my taste. Took an excursion here, which was good, because it kept us from being accosted by the locals.
Castaway Cay (Disney Private Island)
Fantastic! Always a highlight of any Disney cruise.
Don't Miss: Adults MUST go to Serenity Bay, the "over 18" beach on the far side of the island.
St. John's, Antigua
Gorgeous island -- my favorite. Did a private tour of the island with a cab driver. Took us on a 2 hour tour to see the highlights and then took us to a beach and waited for us for the 3 hours we were there. Very undeveloped island and just spectacular!
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Another great island -- also did a private tour here. Also very undeveloped, but not as beautiful as Antigua.
At Sea
My favorite times were at sea. Relaxing. No pressure to be somewhere doing something. And you get to explore this gorgeous ship!
Don't Miss: Doing nothing!