Disney Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Always wonderful but have my comments

Sail Date: April 17, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I love Disney. They always do it right. So to start off I'd say the cruise was fantastic! I loved the room, the entertainment, and especially the staff! We went on a Disney cruise five years ago and my only complaint then was how they ran the character meet, greet and photos. That has totally changed now and works perfect!

I do have to say that this ship was smaller than our last. I believe we went on the Disney Dream before and this was the Disney Magic. I felt the ship toss quite a bit on this trip. I'm not sure if it was the size of the ship, turbulent waters, or just the different itinerary. It didn't bother me, just something I noticed.

I LOVED Animators Palate! It was by far the best of the three restaurants. The other two were far from wonderful. Very bland and atypical to any Disney restaurant you would expect. So quite disappointed in them.

The staterooms are small, as to be expected. But I was surprised that they put a coffee table in our room. All it did was get in the way. I think they can do without the table completely.

Disney automatically charged each person in our party for the tips. I understand that tipping is cruise-typical, but I didn't like that I felt forced to tip. It should be a choice not a requirement. Further, I think Disney should step up and separate themselves from the other cruise lines. We pay a lot more to go on a Disney cruise and for good reason. I think its ridiculous to have to tip the employees on top of that. They are phenomenal, but to have to be forced to fork out an extra $250 on tips is ridiculous! I ended up asking them to refund me the charges and I paid cash to whom I wanted to pay cash too and for the amount I wanted to pay. I chose not to tip the Head Server. I didn't feel I should tip someone who only said hi to us. Just my two cents.

The food was wonderful! The service was beyond any company out there. And although I'm not one to enjoy cruises, this was a fantastic trip. Aside of my comments above, it was still fantastic and we had a wonderful time!

It was ok. The coffee table needs to be eliminated from the room completely. There wasn't enough room for two adults and two kids.
We stopped at Tortola. Not a ton to do there and we went to Virgin Gorda instead. I think this is an island they could skip moving forward.
The club for the 11-14 year old was super small and quite disappointing. My 11 year old ended up hanging out in the oceaneers lab with his 9 year old brother instead.

See comments above.