Disney Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A Perfect Cruise!

Sail Date: April 13, 2015

We cruised on the Disney Dream in April 2015.  Could not have asked for a better experience!  This was our second Disney cruise, but this time we had no children with us so were really able to explore and enjoy the ship.  We had perfect weather!  My comments: the food at Cabanas is wonderful.  Great selection, and in fact I enjoyed the breakfast at Cabanas much more than at the main restaurants! We ate lunch only at Cabanas so cannot provide comparison on that -- but the lunches were fabulous. I can't believe the selection that was available, and the quality was very, very good (particularly considering this is a buffet-style restaurant!).  As for dinner, we ate at each of our assigned restaurants each night and absolutely loved it.  I had seen a "Food Network" special on the Dream, and we tried some of the highlighted foods based on the input of the Food Network chefs that participated.  We were not disappointed.  The herb-crusted veal chop was delicious, and the citrus souffle with grand marnier sauce was absolutely to die for.  It came out fresh from the oven, and your server cracks it open slightly and pours in this creamy, warm sauce made with grand marnier.  The food is worthy of any fine dining restaurant on land!  Of the four in our party, no one was disappointed in any of their food selections and of course (as expected) the service was top notch.  Disney's reputation for perfection was certainly met!  As for other amenities -- we rode the Aqua Duck (twice) -- really fun and I'm glad we made a point of trying it out. We spent a significant amount of time at the adults-only pool.  Very enjoyable, although a tad bit small.  During the "day at sea" it was quite crowded.  But it truly is adults only and we enjoyed the quiet and relaxing atmosphere.  Our cabin was lovely and spotless. Our cabin "host" made sure everything was stocked, clean, and tidied up, but seemed to come and go magically (we only saw him in the hall each morning, where he greeted us with a bright "Good morning"! We intentionally did not attend any of the onboard shows -- we had done this on our last cruise, and although they were fabulous, we wanted to soak up every bit of sunshine possible (it was a long, cold winter in Ohio!).  Perhaps the one and only hiccup was the first night of the cruise -- it seems that in order to reach Nassau by the next morning, we were traveling at full speed throughout the night (this is just my guess).  This was the only night that I could hear/feel the vibration of the engines and it made for a restless night.  Other nights our room was entirely quiet.  I will research a bit and likely choose a room more towards the front of the boat to avoid this in the future (we were on Deck 8, towards the back (aft) of the boat). On another note, we enjoyed having the "Navigator" app on our phones.  The deck maps were helpful, activities and times were all readily available, and we used the "chat" feature extensively to replace our usual texting.  It was incredibly helpful for keeping tabs on each other and arranging meet-ups throughout the day.  As for excursions, we loved (I repeat -- LOVED) Serenity Bay -- the adults-only beach on Castaway Cay.  It was incredible!  Towels, chairs, loungers, umbrellas and a wonderful lunch.  Absolutely everything is provided!  We also enjoyed the stingray adventure on Castaway Cay.  Definitely worth doing if you've not experienced stingrays before. I wish we would hve been allowed to stay on the island a bit longer!  As for our Nassau visit -- we chose a snorkeling excursion and enjoyed that, although the reef where we snorkeled was quite crowded.   As mentioned above, we did have a day at sea.  Not my favorite day -- I would much rather have had another excursion.  But many seemed to love the day at sea -- I'm just a bit of a "doer" -- on the go all the time.  Overall -- we absolutely loved our time on the Dream and would highly recommend to anyone!

Nothing was ever out of place! A beautiful, magnificent ship!
I wouldn't think of spending extra for the "fancy" restaurants. The main dining rooms are beautiful and the food was excellent!
Ashton and Juan (our servers) were excellent. Very helpful with great food recommendations. And Natha did an amazing job magically keeping our room spotless!
We loved the jugger (Max) in the Evolution nightclub. Very talented and VERY funny.
Children's Programs No children with us this time around!
Onboard Activities Did not participate in many scheduled activities as we were without kids this time around. But we did watch the Jack Jack's Diaper Dash -- one word -- HYSTERICAL!
Castaway Cay was amazing. Serenity Bay was a piece of heaven on earth!
We truly loved having the balcony!
Port Canaveral, Florida
Arrival was terrific. Departure a bit hectic -- we weren't sure where to go. Make sure your driver gives good instructions when dropping you off!
Loved our snorkeling excursion but the reef was a bit crowded.
Castaway Cay (Disney Private Island)
Lounging at Serenity Bay. Definitely the best part of the entire cruise!

Download the Navigator App!! And sign up for the chat function on it. Very helpful and useful in a world where we're not used to functioning without our cell phones!