Dawn Princess Cruise Review to South Pacific - Australia

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Terrific cruise around New Zealand

Sail Date: February 18, 2014

I had a great time on the Dawn Princess.  Being a solo cruiser, I was in the minority, most others being couples or even large groups cruising together.  It didn't matter, I met many friendly people and was never lonely.  There were so many activities that my only problem was selecting what to do at a certain time.  Same with the menu at any eating venue.  I don't usually eat four or five courses but the cuisine was so delicious I couldn't help myself. I love seafood so I couldn't pass up lobster, mussels, prawns (shrimp), barramundi, all cooked to perfection. But everyone was catered for, mouth watering filet mignon, vegetarian dishes, you name it. The head waiter on my table, Daniel, was from Romania. He knew everything on the menu, suggested wines with all selections, and was a perfect and delightful host. I had a balcony room and sat out there with a glass of shiraz enjoying the view. Since I was by myself I could choose whether to have company or alone time. The Dawn is not a new ship and is showing it's age but the crew work nonstop maintaining it.  I will do another cruise before the year is out.

Cruise Photos

Tauranga, New Zealand
Walk Mount Maunganui
Auckland, New Zealand
Typical large city

Internet is expensive. If you have a laptop or electronic device that you can use offline, write your email, then go on the internet to send it. Hygiene - I brought my own hand sanitizer and used it often. With so many people packed together on a ship you are more susceptible to catch something.