Dawn Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Alaska-The Inside Passage

Sail Date: June 10, 2007

The Ship was Very Clean and Neat. The Staff were soooo... helpful. All with smiles. The food was outstanding and I loved the Anytime dining so I could meet more people daily. Handling of the excursions was very easy.

Pros: The food, the shows and the Staff were all fantastic.

Cons: The movies and shows needed more viewings so that everyone could go. Perhaps have people reserve spots in the morning so they don't have to rush to be early only to find the place full.

Recommends Dawn Princess? Yes!

I wish the room was a little bigger. Especially the bathroom. But... we only really slept there so I guess it was OK. It would have been nice to have a larger table to put the fruit and coffee on. We also would have liked an additional chair in the room so we could both sit.
The best. I recommend the Anytime Dining for convenience and the opportunity to meet more people.
I can't say enough good things about the staff. We had 2 room stewards which were awesome. They were always there when we needed them or had a question. The room was kept clean and neat. The dining staff (especially Antoine the host) were fantastic and made for a great dining experience. At the front desk the staff were very thorough and had great follow thru when needed. In particular was a blond woman from Brazil who helped us to have a package delivered to us on the ship.
The singing and dancing and the magic show. All so incredible. The talent was some of the best that I have seen in a long time. The movies and shows needed more viewings so that everyone could go. Perhaps have people reserve spots in the morning so they don't have to rush to be early only to find the place full.
exceptional
Juneau, Alaska
The Zipline and helicopter tour to the Glacier where so incredible. Next time I would like to include the whale watching and otter viewing. Lots of shopping opportunities and a lot of good bargain stuff.
Don't Miss: zipline and helipcopter tour
Sitka, Alaska
The Raptor Center is a must see. We also did the Russian History tour which was OK. Too short a time to really enjoy the town.
Don't Miss: The Raptor Center
Skagway, Alaska
The best of Skagway Train ride and the Liarsville camp with lunch were fantastic. Next time we would like to do the dog sledding as we heard that it was so fantastic. Lots of opportunity to shop in this town.
Don't Miss: The best of Skagway
Victoria, British Columbia
Castle Craigdarroch and the Butchart Gardens were fantastic. Our tour guide made the trip all the more enjoyable with his jokes and local folklore. We need more time to see the city of Victoria. Not any time to do shopping.
Don't Miss: Butchart Gardens