How not to treat customers

Crown Princess Cruise Review to Europe - Western Europe

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Crown Princess

12 Night British Isles With Liverpool (Southampton Roundtrip)

Sail date: June 06, 2019

Ship: Crown Princess

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: A204

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

We had a delayed boarding in Dublin and told to go to the Hilton for a hospitality suite but there was not enough space and no food and my family and I sat on the floor of an empty conference room for hours and ordered our own food. Unlike a lot of other passengers we didn't complain about this. But then on the ship I was profiled and insulted by staff and their manager and when I complained to guest services they investigated but never offered me anything but a sorry and told me that they couldn't find the people involved but were having the staff retrained. The response was not sufficient or appropriate. I've spent valuable vacation time trying to deal with this situation. When I told Jody, the client relations manager, that I'm glad that I was able to point out a problem so that they could restrained their staff but she didn't say anything or offer anything to me to address my bad feeling about the cruise and the staff, he responded that I didn't ask for anything and that they didn't want to offer anything because she didn't want to insult me in case it wasn't enough. When I said that sorry wasn't good enough and that they should have done something more he brushed me off and said that there was obviously nothing that he could do for me on the cruise and so he would send my complaint to corporate and I could deal with them after the cruise. I was appalled about the guest service department's response to my complaint about the incident, which they all agreed was a horrible experience for a guest. In addition, we've had a bad experience with the a/c in our room and all the technology on the ship - bad wifi that we paid for, TV problems and electrical problems with the lights and TV- probably all due to the change over to the Medallion technology while we've been on the cruise.

Embarkation

Ship was late and had us in a hotel lobby sitting on the floor with food for hrs

Ship experiences