Crown Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

Beds were great but buffet food was average

Sail Date: March 05, 2016

Overall a good cruise. I paid Metro-PCS (T-Mobile) $20 so both cell phones worked in Mexico; well worth the $20.  If you are new to the Crown Princess then EXPLORE IT!  Get a feel for where your cabin is located relative to where the main gathering places are.  The Movies Under the Stars on deck 15 is a jumbo-tron that you can see in bright daylight. They had four current films in the Princess Theater during our cruise.

THE BEDS WERE THE BEST OF ANY CRUISE SHIP SO FAR and I heard they are upgrading the beds in 2016!

Deck 10 (C cabins) seems to have the largest balconies. Twice the sice of those above and below us. This cabin is centrally located to Princess Theater and Casino, just elevator down a few decks. If you are a toilet paper snob take your own. Ship's is very thin and lightweight.
Best on/off of any cruise so far.
Seemed well maintained. One elevator was not operational the entire cruise.
My second cruise with this itinerary so nothing stood out.
I didn't do many (any?) but there was stuff to do.
The energy and talent was apparent.
I've been very impressed with other ship staff in the past but this time seemed average; nothing great.
Dining room was maybe above average but Horizon buffet was disappointing, Everything was slightly warm including drinks.
San Pedro (Los Angeles), California
Super Shuttle was half the cost of Princess and worked out well for us. Short wait time from LAX to ship and they waited for me on the return trip from ship to LAX.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
This did NOT happen to me but I heard from three other passengers that it happened to them. Taxi drivers claim to have no change so take single dollars. Do not bother converting currency. Exchange is 16-20 to 1 depending on the day.
Mazatlan, Mexico
Hop-On-Hop-Off Bus is best value by far. Guide Alicia is worth waiting for. Goo English speaker. Cliff divers at third and final stop were exciting. Shrimp Shack at the second stop was a great lunch, with drinks and generous tip only $30 for two
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Xavier on the small boat "Paradise" gave us a great tour of the bay, rocks, Lover's Beach, sea lions, etc for $15 each. A family of four and my wife and I were the only guests. Step off the dock onto the street and turn right down about 100 yards on the right, Worth seeking out. GO before you leave the ship. Convenient restroom is $1.00 USD

If you are a coffee person get a coffee card on the first day. Fifteen coffees for $30. on deck 5 mid-ship. Tommy McFee in a great entertainer if he is on your cruise. Drinks are generous, Get them with top-shelf liquor for just 70 cents more. RESERVER anytime dining as soon as you can.