Why does it cost extra to have great meals.

Crown Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Crown Princess

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: March 05, 2016

Ship: Crown Princess

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: E217

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

The cruise was excellent with one exception, The room was great and the steward was efficent in keeping it clean, the ship was clean,everyone was friendly. I liked the hot dog and hamburger option as well as the Pizza and Ice Cream. But, I have now been on 8 cruises with 7 different cruise lines. We were not satisfied with the Buffet line. It looks good but the taste was not there. I think it is wrong to have to pay extra to get a great tasty meal. I can see having some speciality restaurants, but believe the buffet can be tasty and have a greater variety of options. Have more varity and have some taste. I can see that feeding masses you must be somewhat restrictive on adding spices and taste. But why must we pay extra for a tasty meal? The buffet always seemed like we were at the generic choice, even the potatoes had no taste. We had the money to buy good food, but did not as it was a matter of principle. We should get good food with the cruise without having to pony up more money.

Ship experiences

It was as expected with no problem.

Ports of call