Crown Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

Average Cruise ; Not The Best but Not the Worst

Sail Date: February 28, 2015

Cabin: 308

I went on this cruise with my parents (I am 20 y.o.), with my girlfriend, and two family friends. My girlfriend and I had our own room, and basically only saw my parents for meal times. This cruise was average, nothing extremely special. At times, the cruise was boring and didn't have enough events for the younger crowd. The events they did have, such as ping pong or volleyball tournaments, were very badly run by staff that were extremely rude and condescending. The organization of these tournaments or get-together were also horrible as well. For those interested, they do have ping pong tables and pickle ball/basketball court, but the ping pong tables are placed in a very awkward, and frankly dangerous spot by one of the pool, and the pickle-ball court is not very well maintained. In conclusion, this cruise may only have been boring though because of the crowd and the lack of people our age, I am not sure.

The food wasn't amazing, but it wasn't very bad either. I have been on multiple cruises before and I found the casual buffet on this cruise to be the smallest. The fancy dining food wasn't superb either, but the waiters were kind and caring. The highlight of this trip food-wise was the International Cafe and Ice Cream Bar, which served delicious free desserts.

The shows were amazing. Comedian Carlos Oscar did two shows and he was really funny. The dance shows were generic, but probably the best I have seen on a cruise. I would recommend going to see the shows.

To sum up, this cruise isn't the worst cruise I've been on. The pools are nice, especially the Lotus Pool and the pool on Deck 14. The food was so-so, nothing really impressive. The shows were entertaining. This cruise is not a party cruise, and suits older couples or families who are seeking a cruise to relax and enjoy their time. There was a lack of young people on this cruise, and a lack of events to cater for these people obviously. The most popular events on this cruise were bingo and trivia. Sports events like ping pong, volleyball, and mini-golf were not fun due to improper facilitation and organization. Also, at every corner people were trying to sell you stuff, whether it be at the fancy dinner trying to sell you alcohol, or selling you your pictures. They try to squeeze that extra money from you. One last thing before I end this, do not think too highly of the nightclub, it was almost always empty. Now this may change if the crowd is younger, but I see this cruise as a cruise for older folks. I spent most of my time on the cruise playing ping pong or basketball, and playing board games.

Oh yeah, and the ports were okay, just beaches.

San Pedro (Los Angeles), California
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Mazatlan, Mexico
Go to Stone Island and relax on the semi-deserted beach. We rode horses on the beach.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Rode on ATV's through the desert (where Troy was filmed) and along the beach

The events weren't varied and mostly catered to older folks. The events I did care about weren't run properly and were facilitated by rude and condescending staff that would much rather be inside in the AC. If you are athletic and are hoping to showcase your skills, you might not be happy.