Crown Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Well below expectations

Sail Date: June 26, 2007

Layout is VERY poor....Dining rooms and theater average compared to other ships I have cruised with.

Pros: Ports visited...excluding Grand Turk where they were serving alcohol to minors. Scarey considering Carnival rents the space to Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville...I would be concerned about liability for Carnival Cruise line

Cons: The crew was overall very rude which was shocking. I have been on six other cruises and never had a complaint but the majority of the employees on this ship were less than helpful and made it very clear that even simple requests were a bother to them.

Recommends Crown Princess? No.

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Don't Miss: Discovery Dolphin trip was wonderful
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Don't Miss: Discovery Dolphin trip was wonderful
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We didnt arrive until 7 am and had to leave port at 1pm....therefore shopping was very limited given the time constraints
Don't Miss: Shopping....great buys on jewelry
Grand Turk Island
If you have teens....Watch Out for this port!!! They openly serve alcohol to young pre-teens....My daughter is 14 and was able to purchase a beer as were many other young teens. I questioned everyone I could about this but I was pretty much told that I was making a big deal out of nothing. I did request the Generl Managers business card from Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville and was disappointed to read on the bottom of the card "carnival cruise line welcome center" We talked to Paseenger Services about our concerns but we were told that Carnival had no responsibility or liability in the matter. Very sad to me and my family that Carnival appears to be promoting alcohol sales to children as young as 14. There were numerous young people under the age of 18 being sold alcohol. This port is an accident waiting to happen!!!
Don't Miss: dont get of the ship....total waste of time