Crown Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A great first cruise opportunity

Sail Date: April 05, 2008

This was our 1st cruise so didn't know what to expect. It was a great experience, but could have been better with more up front planning of the itinerary on our part.

Pros: beautiful ship, movies under the stars

Cons: Full schedule (a port each day) didn't offer time to enjoy being at sea.

Recommends Crown Princess? Yes!

Great food. The cruise had an open buffet area during most of the dy as well as a formal dining hall in the evenings. We actually enjoyed the buffet more than the dining hall. (good food, a little slow).
Simple yet it fit the need quite well. Who goes on a cruise to stay in the room anyway? What was nice was Princess had a TV channel that offered a view of the outside of the ship (useful since we had no windows).
Lots of good evening entertainment (shows, comedy, etc). During the day there were places to watch movies out on the main deck (on a giant screen, really cool) as wel as mini-golf, a small jogging track, workout room, etc.
Castries, St. Lucia
Take the Soufrie Island delights tour. Its long, but you get to see a lot (and eat a good west indian meal)!
Bridgetown, Barbados
I was a little bummed as the bigest attraction (my family is from here and I spent summers there as a kid) was closed. When it reopens I would reccomend Harisson's Cave.
Don't Miss: Harisson's Cave.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
St. Thomas has a nice beach, but was a little too 'american' for my taste.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands