Costa neoRomantica Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Some parts were great, others not

Sail Date: June 22, 2009

I was pleased with our actual room, but other than that, I wished I had done my homework prior to booking. There were so many small children running around, screaming at all hours of the day and night in all areas of the ship and the people on board seemed very loud too. In addition the entertainment was really awful. Perhaps if I had been intoxicated maybe I'd have thought it all better. However for a cheap cruise it was good.

Pros: I loved the accomodations and the dinner with new friends.

Cons: The entertainment was terrible.

Recommends Costa neoRomantica? No.

Catania, Sicily
I did the Baroque Cantania excursion and really would not have needed to. The guide was informative and pleasant, but I could have seen enough on my own at this port.
Izmir, Turkey
I did the excurision to Ephesus and loved every minute of it.
Don't Miss: Ephesus
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
The guide on the excurision to the Acropolis was awful. She was only concerned about selling us watches and jewelry so she could make a commission. She repeated the meeting point instructions at least 10 times and then she herself was not there and the Costa employees came and had us all go back to the bus. Crazy and not worth all of the money.
Don't Miss: Acropolis is a beautiful place to have a 'birds-eye' view of Athens.
Mykonos, Greece
I am American and there were way too many Americans at this Greek island that it was annoying. I want to visit other countries to see how the natives live etc. The prices in all of the shop were like 100% marked up and I felt this was a waste of a stop.
Don't Miss: The Kebab stand was great! The windmills were beautiful.
Santorini, Greece
I loved Santorini. I walked all around and took many beautiful pictures of the blue domes and lovely houses and churches. This was by far the most beautiful place we visited on our cruise.
Don't Miss: Ride the donkey up the cliff!!!!!