Costa Atlantica Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

waste of my money.

Sail Date: April 13, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

the information desk needs new people and maybe management. Had areas roped off to get into line, but the information desk would still help people whom cut in line. I spoke out about it because the people whom waited were getting angry. The lady blew me off and stated that the counter was for everyone, so I asked why they had an area roped off for a line then, I did not get an answer nor help.
Also the ports were to short. only a couple of hours in each place, by the time we waited to get off and get back on. They wanted you to be on ship to spend money with them. One excursion was 69 euro a ticket. I took my family of 3 to the same place and back for a 30 euro cab ride. Have more but I am out of time.

Pros: The dinner setting was nice good food service was excellent.

Cons: the idea that personel only want to help you spend money, not helpful any other way and everybody was going everywhere, not enough structure, and if there was structure it was not enforced

Recommends Costa Atlantica? No.

common area's could have been cleaner, and better control over smoking areas.
could not control room temp, had to open balcony doors on many occassions.
If you were buying something or needed help spending money they were very helpful other than that they would avoid you.
dinning hall was great no complaints. Mess decks were out of control people going different directions, and could not find a table most of the time. ended up outside next to smokers.
Bari, Italy
nice to short.
Dubrovnik, Croatia
The boat rides and waiting in line back and forth to the ship was the biggest waste of time.
Don't Miss: Ancient city walls.
Corfu, Greece
very nice short on time, Achillion, and old fortress,, dont use the ships excursions way over priced, can get a taxi much cheaper.
Don't Miss: Achillion.