Coral Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Disappointing Cruise

Sail Date: September 10, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

I have taken four Carnival Cruises before and decided, based on the food, I would take another Princess Cruise because the food was wonderful.  Big mistake and sorry I talked it up to my friends.  I was very disappointed in the food on this cruise.  I will be going back to the Fun Ship because of the variety of international food offered in the buffet and the menu in the dining rooms.

Children's Programs N/A
Our cabin steward, Toffee, was extremely pleasant and helpful.
Selection in the Horizon Court was very limited and not appealing in presentation or taste. Evening dining was just o.k.
Whittier (Anchorage), Alaska
Walked around a very small town on a bright sunny day until it was time to board.
Cruise Glacier Bay
Saw part of the glacier fall into the ocean.
Skagway, Alaska
This little town looked like a movie set with shops built to lure cruise ship passengers. Did take the Klondike Summit excursions. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and gave us many opportunities to stop for photos at various beautiful places.
Juneau, Alaska
We took a four-hour jeep tour. Went to Mendenhall Glacier, St. Terese's church, a brewing company, and a tour of the city. Visited the Red Dog Saloon which was a lot of fun and great atmosphere.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Saw the Lumberjack Show which I would recommend to everyone. Spent the rest of the drizzly day shopping for last minute souvenirs and gifts.
Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia
Disembarked in pouring rain and walked to train station to take the train to the airport. Because it was the weekend, the fare was only $2.25 for a 40 minute ride.

Be prepared for a much older group of passengers who don't seem to know what smart casual dress at dinner means.

1 Comment