Coral Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Review of the Coral Princess

Sail Date: December 27, 2015

Since I have started cruising some years ago, this is the first time that I have experienced a serious cutback in the buffet offerings.  There is some merit to this as it probably avoids a lot of waste.

As my cruise was a Holiday Cruise I expected that on New Year's eve we would have received at least a glass of champagne -- it was available but for a price.  In other words, I found Princess to be quite a stingy cruise line.

Concerning billing,  additional small charges were added which they could not account for and one of which was subsequently removed and even after settling the final bill there are two additional charges which are wrongly assigned to my bill!!

The PA system is not  audible in the hallways so there are times when announcements are missed.

There was a rescue of two fishermen in a capsized boat in the ocean.  The Captain and the crew followed all the protocols and were able to save their lives and I believe the Captain is a hero.

Despite the above comments, I would book another cruise on Princess.

Ben the steward was very good in performing his duties.
No Broadway shows but great Princess dancers!
Milan in beverage service
See above
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Oranjestad, Aruba
Cartagena, Colombia
On New Year's day, traffic was heavy and my Cartagena tour to the old town and museum had to be aborted in order to get back to the ship on time.
Panama Canal (Cruise Into Canal)
The working of the locks and the pulley system of the canal are amazing.
Colon, Panama
The area where the ship was docked is run down and rather scary.
Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
George Town, Grand Cayman

The 3-tier atrium filled with the Christmas decoration was awesome.

1 Comment