Coral Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

How to screw up an Excellent rating on the last day.

Sail Date: October 07, 2014

Room Type: Suite

I have become a loyal fan of Princess cruises, having done three straight.  I have always had an excellent cruise until this cruise.  On the last day at seas, I woke up and had a bad case of diarhea. ASs I threw the sheet in his hamper I told the steward.  Next, medical came to visit.  After tests of blood pressure and temperature(no problem) I was told I was quaranteened. I told him I had no problem butsomething I had eaten. They told me they would check back. They never did.  Despite their boring meal recommendations, I ate dinner off the dining room menu.  No problem!  They refused to let me compete in a Pop Star contest at 10:30 that nigh.  If healthly after 24hours I would be released but not 18 hours.  In an attempt to find what time they would take us off the next morning, I called Personel Service, Medical and Medical Emergency all day and everyone said they would find out.  They never called back.  Finally in the afternoon, medical said "anytime".  The next morning we were ready at 7 p.m. and called Ex 5000 as directed.  For over 45 minutes we called all three numbers and finally were told "at 10:30 a.m"., which was too late for Dr Guth to catch a flight home about noon.  Soon, no one would answer their phone.  Finally a Ms.Joy Miller knocked about 7:50 a.m.and said she was the Medical Coordinator for the next cruise, just came onboard, and could she help?  She got a steward down for our baggage and had us off in 15 minutes. She deserves special recognition.  Where was the Medical Coordinator for my cruise?  I was told it was CDC requirement. My roommate was not checked or restricted Had someone from Medical returned later and checked me, they would have seen I was okay.  I missed a chance to win on on-borad singing competition for what?  How many others on board had a diarehia problem and did not report it to their steward?  I think it was over reported and poorly handled by Medical and Personnel  Services.  Everyone was passing the buck.  And I now doubt I will cruise with Princess again.

Robert Pemberton